Pensacola Symphony Orchestra presents Dvořák, Symphony No. 8
Saturday, June 26, 2021
Saturday, June 26, 2021
Tickets start at $28.00 plus applicable service charge
Dvořák, Symphony No. 8
LEE - Restored Images
James Lee, III, Composer
DVORAK - Symphony No. 8
Join us in person or virtually to experience Pensacola Symphony Orchestra! The season comes to a close with a bright and optimistic program, featuring Dvořák’s idyllic Symphony No. 8. Composed in solitude in the countryside, the symphony seemed to flow spontaneously through Dvořák’s pen, with the composer noting that “melodies seem to pour out of me.” The orchestra will also be joined by composer James Lee, III for his new work, Restored Images. Inspired by the challenges of the year 2020, it evokes the beautiful, restored images of love and respect in humanity.
To enjoy live music in person and provide the safest possible environment for you, your fellow audience members and the musicians, the following safety precautions for in-person concerts will include:
• Socially distanced seating, allowing for staggered seating between rows and at least two seats between groups seated in the same row. Patrons will not be seated on the aisle to provide distance for those navigating the theatre. It is possible that there are locations in the theatre where the distance between patrons may be less than six feet. Our capacity with socially distanced seating provides for approximately 450 attendees in the theatre that seats more than 1,600.
• Mandatory face coverings over the mouth and nose for all patrons, staff and volunteers for the entirety of the event, from the time you arrive at the building to the time that you exit. The CDC currently recommends that even people who have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine should continue wearing face coverings in public to reduce the spread of the virus. If you will be uncomfortable wearing your mask for the duration of the time in the building, please consider access to our virtual concert experience so that you may enjoy the concert at home.
• The Palafox Lobby will be open for entering the building one hour prior to the concert. The Intendencia Street Lobby will be closed, and the doors will be locked. Seating will be available when the doors open.
• Security personnel will be present at the entrance. To expedite your entry, consider carrying a small bag or leaving your bag in your locked car. Security will ask you to open your bag so that they may check it. If you have questions about permitted items, please reference the FAQ page at PensacolaSaenger.com, or call the box office at 850-595-3880.
• Upon arrival, we encourage you to make your way to your seats. Please do not congregate in the lobby.
• Concessions will not be available on the premises. Please do not bring outside food or drink.
• Identify the best aisle for access to your seats. Socially distanced seating enables all patrons to have unobstructed access to an aisle. Please consult an usher about the best aisle to access your seats.
• The program will be performed without intermission.
By purchasing or otherwise accepting a ticket to this event, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 (coronavirus) exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the event, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and agree not to hold the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra, ASM Global, Inc., SMG, the Saenger Theatre, and the city of Pensacola, Florida for any illness or injury in connection with your or your guests’ attendance at the event.
Click here for more about Pensacola Symphony Orchestra presents Dvořák, Symphony No. 8